Here’s a simple and delicious recipe that uses basic ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen: puff pastry, green apples, sugar, cinnamon, and butter. If you’re short on time, grab a ready-made pie crust from the store – just make sure it’s fully thawed. These warm apple pastries are perfect with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of hot caramel.
Cinnamon Apple Ring Pastries
- 1 package of frozen Puff Pastry
- 2-3 Granny Smith Apples
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Caramel topping
- Vanilla Ice Cream optional
- Preheat your oven to 400º and follow the instructions to thaw the puff pastry dough.
- Use an apple corer or round cookie cutter to core the apples. Slice them into 1/2 inch rings and set aside.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry with a rolling pin, making it longer and thinner. Use a pizza cutter to create thin, long, 1/2 inch strips. Gently stretch the strips and wrap them around the apple rings, pinching together multiple strips as needed.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the wrapped apple pastries on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush them with melted butter and generously sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes on the middle rack, or until the puff pastry is golden brown. Keep an eye on them!
- Let the pastries cool for 3-5 minutes, then drizzle with caramel topping. Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.