Get ready to experience the essence of fall in a single, delightful bite! These mini treats are gooey, sweet, soft, and absolutely perfect. Plus, they’re so simple to make, you’ll want to enjoy them all throughout the fall season!
Apple Pie Monkey Bread Minis
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour or 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour + 2 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
For the Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
For the Apple Pie Maple Caramel Topping:
- 2 apples diced (peeled if desired)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
For the Simple Glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Give a standard-sized muffin tin a good spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drop a small handful of chopped apples into the bottom of each muffin well and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the self-rising flour and Greek yogurt until a dough forms.
- In a separate bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon for the cinnamon sugar coating.
- Divide the dough into 1-2 tsp-sized balls, shaping them with your hands. Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture until completely covered. Repeat until the dough is used up.
- Place the dough balls into each muffin well with the diced apples (fitting about 3 small balls in each well).
- Now, let’s make the maple caramel topping. Mix melted butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the maple caramel topping over the dough balls in each muffin section.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the caramel is bubbly.
- While baking, whisk together the ingredients for the simple glaze in a small bowl.
- Once the mini monkey breads are out of the oven, let them cool for 10 minutes, then run a knife along the edges and invert the pan onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Drizzle the glaze on top, and serve these delightful treats warm. Enjoy the taste of fall in every bite!