Ever tried whipping up an icebox cake? It’s a breeze and perfect for laid-back summer get-togethers. The best part? You can get creative with whatever ingredients you fancy!
For this one, we’re going with layers of strawberry ice cream, matcha whipped cream, and good ol’ graham crackers. It’s a mix of sweetness, a hint of earthiness, and downright deliciousness.
Strawberry Matcha Icebox Cake
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream slightly softened (regular or vegan)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream chilled (or a vegan alternative – we’re fans of the one from @silk)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp matcha
- Graham crackers
- First, whip up that matcha whipped cream. Beat the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until it’s all soft and fluffy. Sift in the matcha to avoid clumps and keep beating until it forms nice, medium-stiff peaks.
- Grab a 9×5” loaf pan and line it with plastic wrap (trust me, this step is crucial). Now, start layering: strawberry ice cream, graham crackers, more ice cream, and a generous helping of matcha whipped cream. Repeat the layers, finishing off with graham crackers on top (which will be the bottom when you flip it).
- Cover it up and pop it in the freezer for at least 4 hours until it’s good and set. When you’re ready to dig in, let it defrost for a few minutes, then slide it out of the pan, slice, and serve. If you’re not diving in right away, store it in the freezer. We topped ours with some extra matcha whipped cream – because why not? Enjoy!