Imagine a jacket potato bursting with a luscious, cheesy blend and drizzled with a velvety, roasted garlic and parsley sauce that makes the potato shine. I prefer using a six-star cut for my jacket potatoes to ensure that every part is filled, allowing the dressing to seep into each slice. This recipe proves that you can create a truly amazing meal with just a few simple ingredients, without breaking the bank.
Garlic Stuffed Jacket Potato
- 2 russet potatoes
- 8 cloves of roasted garlic
- 100 g feta cheese
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Splash of roasted garlic oil or olive oil
- 50 g melted butter
- Small handful of parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan).
- Coat the potatoes with oil and salt, then place them on a rack in the center of the oven.
- Blend three cloves of garlic with feta, lemon juice, seasoning, and enough garlic oil to create a thick, cream cheese consistency.
- Melt butter, add chopped parsley and the remaining garlic.
- Take out the potatoes and cut them into a six-star pattern (but not all the way through).
- Fill the cuts with the cheese mixture.
- Drizzle with garlic butter and parsley, and sprinkle some extra salt.
- Return the potatoes to the oven for an additional 10 minutes to make them extra crispy.