So easy to whip up, and oh-so tasty!
Tiramisu Ice Cream Mochi
For the ice cream:
- 1 can 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the dough:
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice flour you can find this on Amazon
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Cornstarch for rolling the dough
- Cocoa powder for rolling the mochi in
- Making the ice cream is a breeze! Just whisk together the condensed milk, heavy cream, instant coffee powder, and vanilla extract until it’s thick and forms soft peaks.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, drop dollops of the ice cream mixture onto a parchment-lined baking tray. Aim for golf ball-sized portions. Repeat until you have 8 small balls, then freeze them until firm.
- Now, let’s tackle the dough. Mix the glutinous rice flour and sugar in a bowl. In a saucepan, bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil. Add the dry ingredients to the boiling water, stirring until it forms a runny mixture.
- Keep stirring over medium heat until it becomes slightly translucent, sticky, and a bit firm. Don’t worry about lumps; they’ll smooth out. Transfer the mochi to a cornstarch-covered worktop when it’s cool enough to handle.
- Divide the mochi into 8 pieces and flatten each with your hand. Wrap the mochi around a ball of ice cream, pinching it closed with your fingers to create a ball shape.
- Roll each mochi-covered ice cream ball in cocoa powder, then freeze until firm. Enjoy your delicious mochi ice cream treats!