Try these delicious Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Pancakes with a sweet Maple Glaze for your weekend brunch!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice optional
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cinnamon Swirl:
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pancake batter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together in a big bowl – flour, coconut or brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice (if you want that extra kick).
- In another bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry, stirring until just mixed.
- For the cinnamon swirl, mix softened butter, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and 1 tbsp of pancake batter in a small bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to a small plastic baggie, cut a small corner, and use it to swirl the cinnamon mixture into each pancake.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and grease with butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter into the skillet for each pancake.
- Gently swirl the cinnamon mixture into the pancake with the piping bag, ensuring it blends into the batter.
- Flip the pancake when bubbles appear, and cook until golden on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter and cinnamon swirl.
- Serve warm with extra butter, maple syrup, or a simple glaze if you’d like. Enjoy your delightful homemade pancakes!