Get ready for Chipotle Mac & Cheese! This dish is full of smoky, cheesy goodness that’s simply irresistible. Mac and cheese is the ultimate comfort food, and this recipe takes it up a notch with the perfect blend of flavors. With crispy cheese on top and a velvety creamy cheese sauce inside, each bite will leave you craving more. Plus, when you add some chicken, this Mac and cheese becomes a main attraction, not just a side dish!
Chipotle Mac And Cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups heavy cream at room temperature or warmed
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- Additional shredded cheese for topping
- 1 teaspoon paprika smoked or regular
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/3 cup adobo paste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper adjust to taste
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- Pinch of cayenne powder
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Crumbled cotija cheese for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for one minute less than al dente. The pasta will finish cooking in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to the low broil setting.
- In a saucepan or pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook for about a minute until it becomes golden yellow and starts to bubble.
- Slowly pour in the heavy cream while whisking continuously until smooth. Add the minced garlic, chili powder, paprika, black pepper, salt, cayenne powder, adobo paste, and cream cheese. Whisk until smooth and cook the sauce for 3 to 4 minutes until it thickens and just starts to bubble. Avoid boiling!
- Remove the sauce from the heat and immediately add the sharp cheddar cheese. Stir until melted, then add the colby jack cheese and mix until combined. Finally, add the smoked gouda and mix until smooth.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it completely and toss it into the sauce. Mix well in a large baking dish. Sprinkle additional shredded cheese on top.
- Bake and broil for a few minutes until the top is golden and crispy. Keep a close eye on it!
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and crumbled cotija cheese before serving. Enjoy the deliciousness of Chipotle Mac & Cheese!