Introducing Elote Hot Dogs – where Mexican street corn meets BBQed hot dogs for an epic flavor fusion! This recipe combines the best of both worlds, creating a barbecue sensation that everyone will adore. Get ready for a burst of smoky, sweet, and spicy goodness!
Elote Hot Dogs
- 4 ears of corn grilled and buttered
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise adjust to taste
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or Mexican crema
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Cayenne powder red pepper flakes, or diced jalapeño for heat, to taste
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- Chipotle sauce
- Begin by buttering the corn on the cobs.
- Heat your BBQ or grill pan over medium-high heat and grill the corn, rotating every few minutes to char each side evenly. Once grilled, remove from heat and cut the corn off the cob.
- In a bowl, mix together the grilled corn, mayonnaise, sour cream, cotija cheese, lime juice, cilantro, chili powder, and desired amount of cayenne powder or red pepper flakes. Adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Grill the hot dogs on the grill pan or BBQ until nicely charred, rotating them every few minutes. Remove from heat when done to your liking.
- Toast the hot dog buns and assemble with the grilled hot dogs, elote mixture, and any additional toppings you prefer.
- Serve warm and get ready to enjoy the deliciousness of Elote Hot Dogs!