Need a quick dessert fix in under 10 minutes? Absolutely!
While there’s nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked banana bread, this microwave version is surprisingly delicious and incredibly easy! We’ve swapped out butter for olive oil, sweetened it with maple syrup, and added dark chocolate chips for a healthier twist on this classic treat.
Single Serving Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Whisk in the olive oil, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir.
- Transfer the mixture to a microwave-safe container (ours was 13 ounces).
- Microwave for approximately 2 minutes and 15 seconds (microwaves vary, start checking at 1 minute and 45 seconds).
- Optionally, top with a few more chocolate chips and microwave for an extra 10 seconds.
- If the bottom still looks wet, microwave in additional 10-second intervals.
- Enjoy warm, perhaps with a dollop of peanut butter!