Indulge in these delightful Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cookies to sweeten up your Valentine’s Day! These gooey chocolate treats are not only gluten-free but also free of refined sugar. Packed with @lilys_sweets Semi-Sweet Style Baking Chips and freeze-dried strawberries, they make for the perfect Valentine’s Day combo. Amp up the decadence by drizzling extra melted Baking Chips on top – all without any added sugar.
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cookies
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1/2 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup @lilys_sweets Semi-Sweet Style Baking Chips plus more for optional drizzle
- 3/4 cup lightly crushed freeze-dried strawberries plus more for optional garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat.
- In a big bowl, whisk together the egg, melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla until well combined. Add oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; stir carefully. Now, fold in the Baking Chips and freeze-dried strawberries.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to drop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches of space between each.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the edges are just set. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For an extra touch, melt more Baking Chips and drizzle them over the cooled cookies. Scatter additional strawberries on top if you like.