Let’s talk about Acai Bowls! These are my go-to breakfast treats, especially during my college days, and they’re loaded with all sorts of delicious toppings. Trust me, they taste even better with a dollop of chia pudding on top!
Acai bowls are like the ultimate breakfast fuel! The smoothie base is thick and just the right amount of sweet to kickstart your day with a burst of refreshment. And the best part? You can customize them with your favorite toppings like peanut butter, crunchy granola, fresh fruit, and those tiny powerhouses, chia seeds!
- 2 frozen unsweetened acai packets broken into chunks
- 1 cup frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- Optional: a squeeze of lime juice a drizzle of honey
- Toppings of your choice: honey fresh fruit, granola, coconut flakes, chia seeds, chia pudding, nut butter
- In a sturdy blender, toss in the frozen acai packets, frozen banana, and frozen strawberries. If you like a bit of tang, squeeze in some lime juice. For extra sweetness, add a touch of honey.
- Blend until everything is super smooth. If your blender isn’t the toughest, you might need a splash of milk to get it going, but keep in mind this will make your acai bowl less thick.
- Once your mix is velvety smooth and free of chunks, scoop it into a bowl.
- Load up your bowl with all your favorite toppings and dig in right away!
- Feel free to throw in any other frozen fruits you love into the acai mix. I personally enjoy the combo of bananas and strawberries the most because bananas naturally sweeten things up while strawberries add that tangy kick. But you can experiment with frozen blueberries, mangoes, or raspberries too!
- Make sure your blender is up to the task of making smoothie bowls. A weak blender might need a bit of milk to get things moving, but this will result in a thinner smoothie.