Pumpkin Bread with Brown Butter Maple Icing Recipe – The Best Pumpkin Bread with Brown Butter Maple Icing Recipe. Perfectly spiced, moist and tender, this Pumpkin Bread will soon become a family favorite! Leave it naked if you wish, or stud it with nuts – however, I prefer mine with this simple brown butter maple glaze. I’m sure you will, too!
Pumpkin Bread with Brown Butter Maple Icing Recipe
- ½ cup butter softened (I used Land O Lakes)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree the puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling!
- 2 eggs
- 1 & ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 & ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup 1 stick butter
- 1 – 1 & ½ cups powdered sugar start with one cup and add more if glaze is too runny
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup milk optional if glaze is too thick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 9″ loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine all of the above bread ingredients and beat at medium speed with a handheld mixer, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until well-mixed.
- Pour the bread mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for approx. 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out mostly clean or with a couple moist crumbs (not wet). Cool for about 15 minutes, then very gently remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While bread cools, make your glaze: in a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-low heat until melted. Continue cooking, watching butter carefully, until it sizzles and begins to turn amber in color, about 4-5 minutes. Do not overcook because it can quickly burn! When butter looks caramel-colored and smells kind of nutty, it’s done. Remove butter from heat and cool completely. Then stir in the powdered sugar and maple syrup until a soft glaze has formed.
- Pour the glaze generously over top of the pumpkin loaf and let it set, about 30 minutes. Cut into slices and serve!